Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

We are getting down to the nitty gritty at the newly established Lusk residence. The sheet rock has been hung and the walls and ceilings have been textured, which by the way, I am so excited to paint! Trim is the current project Seth and Jared are working on and I am thrilled with the way the trim looks. I was a little nervous because it's not the ordinary Colonial style trim. It's pretty square and simple, but it looks awesome! Anyway...back to the texture. Dan Kendall hooked me up! For the most, we did a simple roll on with a few accent walls. He attempted a new texture that looks similar to a crumbling stone wall and nailed it! Colorwise, Seth and I don't really have any furniture, so we have decided to go with a mono-tone paint to begin- a soft, eggshell white. Then, as we gradually add pieces of furniture, we will add accent walls that correspond. I'm not in any rush to buy all new furniture...I love to find unique pieces that tell a story. Plus, I love antiques/flea markets/second-hand stores (I get that from my lil mama). Sometimes, my junk fetish gets to Seth, but he's a trooper. :)
Get this- I have made friends with one of the ladies who runs a thrift store here in town and she GAVE me the coolest old chandelier the other day! Seth said, "It's pretty bad when people at the used stores know you by name and give things to you." I say it's pretty awesome, because that chandelier was a sweet find! I will be refinishing it here in the next few days, so I will post some before and after pics. This will be my second chandelier that I will have refinished! I love taking old and making it new!!!
My overarching goal while designing the interior of the house is finding ways to incorporate the old with the new, keeping a rustic, yet classic feel. Piece by piece...it's coming together!

More to come...Have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you to have your house almost done! I wish I had more of a creative eye when it comes to shopping for deals and things to refinish but... I don't! You'll have to teach me sometime!