Friday, March 27, 2009

HAMmer down now!


So I conquered my first ham and I DIDN'T BURN IT! Then I broke that pretty white pan, dang it! Shattered it!

Quick story for anyone who has been to my house while I have been baking something. When you turn on the oven, the house is completely permeated with propane. By the way, this is the second stove that has done this to us. I thought that cleaning would help burn the smell away, so I set it to clean and left for work last week, paranoid that I was going to burn my house down. When I got home, the house was sooo foggy and there was a light coat of black dust from one end to the other. Seth checked it out and we ended up calling the Mr. Fix It guy from Pocatello Electric to come and check it out. He used his little sniffer tool and the verdict...A deadly level of propane was being emitted when you turned on the stove! I was so mad/freaked out!!! What if we had a baby in the house? The guy said the levels of propane being pushed out were enough to put someone to sleep, forever, in about an hour and a half! But, it's fixed now, so it's all good!

3 comments:

Jesse and Brooke Ward said...

That is pretty damn scary Hailey!! I'm glad you got it taken care!

JD and Ash said...

You're right about me needing those other power tools! I just wish I had a place to use them all. I really want a saw! I can't wait to see some of your projects! I love making things and looking at other things people have done!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow Hailey! That's scary! I LOVE the inside of your house from the pictures! Your going to have to take me to look at it next time I come home!