Friday, March 27, 2009

Sheet ROCKing



Seth has been project king at our castle lately. He has finished sheet rocking our storage room and I have to share a funny story. We were trying to hang a big 8X12 piece of sheet rock on the ceiling and he had screwed at least 1/2 of it in as I stood on 2 boxes, barely holding the other side up. I wasn't really doing anything, so I asked if I could leave and go to do some laundry. So, I climbed off my two boxes and started to walk out, turning around just in time to see that recently hung piece of rock fall down, crashing on Seth's head. It was hilarious (I only laughed after Seth said he was alright). He spit out a long list of fine words, punched a hole in dangling half of the sheetrock, and then proceeded to tell me how ____ bad he hated sheetrocking :) . When he stopped his tantrum, I asked, "Are ya done?" Then we both laughed our heads off and hauled out the damaged piece of rock. I am truly impressed with his work- Jack of all trades!

Seth and I finally bought some bar stools for our kitchen. Now...it's really project time. I have gradually accumulated the supplies needed to refinish the kitchen chairs- yes, that means I have to say good bye to my pink MR. and MRS. wedding chairs:). I will post a pic of them when I get them done.

2 comments:

JD and Ash said...

I love your kitchen! I'm jealous that you have your own house!

Lusk Family said...

That is funny! i bet seth was not amused with you laughing at him!! Cant wait to get out and see your beautiful home~