Lucky me! Seth thought this chandelier was pretty cool because it's twisted iron, so it now adorns my front entryway. It has a fun story: I went to my favorite thrift store in my little town of 4,111 to look for good junk (especially light fixtures). My friend who runs the store said she had just thrown this gawdy, heavy chandelier that had been hanging in the window for years out in the alley hoping someone would steal it. Instead, she decided to give it to me! What a babe! First of all, I can't believe I missed it after perusing the store several times- but after a little elbow grease, some paint, and new glass, it has been rejuvinated! I look for unique shapes and sizes when it comes to light fixtures, and of course, it needs to work! Here's the process:
After new glass and a toothbrush scrub:
Here is the greatest Christmas present!!! This is the OLD pie safe that Seth and my parents gave me for Christmas this year. They sure are sneaky!
Before:
After scrubbing off 1 1/2 cups of rancid flour and adding coat of glossy polyurethane:
3 comments:
You are amazing with these
"seemingly heaps of junk". Good work. Thanks for all your love and support with our new baby. Take care! Love ya!
Those are awesome!!! Man, I'm so jealous that you have the space to do these things!! I want a big garage like you!
Good job!
You're so talented and patient. I wish I could hire you to do things for me :0)
Take care!
Trisha
Post a Comment