Monday, May 18, 2009

GRASS-ias for sunshine!



Short post- our grass is coming up!!!! Yay! I had to call my dad and tell him that I haven't failed him with my farmer genes...our little green spires are coming out of the ground! We thought it wasn't going to make it- it took 2 weeks to germinate! But with a lot of water and a little sunshine, the kentucky blue thrives!
Funny story- we borrowed my parents' little fertilizer spreader to broadcast our grass seed and they left what we thought was a bag of fertilizer for us to use. It was called Zinc Phosphate or Phosphide, or something like that. So Seth spread it out after we spread the grass seed. Come to find out, our "fertilizer" was actually mouse poison...oops! I guess we won't have a mouse problem this year! Don't worry- it didn't hurt the dogs:).

3 comments:

Beka and Eric Sorensen said...

Hailey, how are you? Eric and I are in the 3rd ward this summer. Actually, I think I saw you on Sunday but wasn't sure..... Eric and I are somewhat lonely in our married-anti-socialness. We'd love to get together with you two sometime!
Beka: 208-339-7934
Eric: 208-339-4190

The Goldade's said...

Hey lady! I'm glad that your grass is growing i remember when ours finally came in! I was so happy to get rid of all the mud! I have to say that I love all of your projects! Your time-less junk always turns out amazing! Hey I need to get your address/ phone number for my baby shower the end of June. Hope all is well!!

Anonymous said...

Oh That's funny about he mouse poison! Can't wait to see ya!